Mystic Museum of Art
Founded in 1913 by members of the Mystic Art Colony, including celebrated American Impressionist Charles H. Davis, Mystic Museum of Art serves as a cultural and community center hosting exhibitions, lectures, and studio programs for children and adults. The Museum maintains a permanent collection that includes works by Davis, Tonalist painter Henry Ward Ranger, and noted portraitist Charles Brackman. Located along the river in downtown Mystic, the Museum recently converted a beloved landmark building into its 15 Water Street Gallery, which will host contemporary work and installation. The Museum also operates an extensive on-site and outreach education program attended last year by 3,800 area students.